Design Business Council will celebrate Jack’s life and resilience by offering a 12-month business mentoring scholarship to an emerging studio.
We know one attribute of poor mental health is the feeling of lacking control. Understanding the fundamentals of business is a successful way to regain control – that’s where DBC can help. We can help others build business capabilities and we know that knowledge will build resilience.
The DBC Jack Rodgers mentoring scholarship will be open to design business owners within 2-5 years of start-up.
- One year business mentoring, adapted to suit the circumstances
- Open access to online teaching materials
- Studio visits to a variety of practicing studios via personal introduction
Criteria for eligibility
1. It is for an individual – submissions should be from a design studio owner
2. It is for an emerging studio – within 2-5 years of start-up
3. The studio must be located in Australia
4. The studio’s core business should be graphic design/visual communication.
How to apply
The recipient of the scholarship will be selected based on alignment with Jack’s characteristics of empathy, generosity of spirit and curiosity. He was a skilled designer, not just because of his instincts, he had a life-long thirst for knowledge.
To apply, please email a brief submission outlining:
- Who you are and what you do.
- Three things you think you have accomplished/do well.
- Three things you think you struggle to accomplish well.
- Why you think the scholarship would be of value.
Please email applications for the scholarship to email@example.com by February 14 2021.