Helping creatives manage their business
Design Business Council was founded by Greg Branson and Carol Mackay to help improve the business capabilities of Australian graphic designers.
It’s a gap in the market – the business of design is an area that is often neglected in the Australian design industry. With the majority of design studios being micro businesses it’s difficult for designers to stay current with, or get on front of, design trends and technology let alone worrying about management practice. That’s a problem because examination of mature Australian design studios shows sound management skills are integral to success and growth.
The DBC helps creative executives develop business knowledge and skill. We help designers:
- examine their business model
- develop a deeper understanding of their clients
- define the value design contributes to their clients’ business
- demonstrate a return on design investment
- integrate design processes and design thinking into their clients’ business
- elevate design to a strategic tool that businesses can leverage
- analyse the profitability and productivity of their studio
- develop new business strategies.
Not ready to sign up to one of our programs just yet? We understand, we’ll wait until you’re ready, but please, don’t lose touch.
Jump to the bottom of the page to subscribe to our weekly newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news about the business of design.