The Design Business Model Canvas.
It is a workshop for studios wanting to explore ideas.
Perhaps you want to change the way you do business? Or who you do business with? Or what you sell?
Perhaps you want to learn a research tool to help you debrief clients (and get paid for it).
Or perhaps your client wants to change the way they do business? Or what they sell?
We’ve created a workshop for startups, sole operators or established studios who want to test an idea – their idea or their clients. Test whether a change will work. Test whether a product will fly. This workshop goes back to the basics to test whether an idea or a business model stands up to scrutiny.
The Design Business Model Canvas is a tool to help dissect what you have, and what you need, to reposition your business.
Greg will show you how to use a canvas to examine your clients and critically define their value (both financial and design). You will examine how you communicate, how you market, who you compete with, and the resources and partners you need to do it. You are then shown how to calculate the cost and the type of revenue streams possible.
Examples of the workshop in use
We’ve used the workshop to:
- test the viability of new products, goods and services
- identify the minimal viable product for a new product
- explore the possibilities of sponsorship/partnerships for a new endeavour
- analyse the profitability of a new service within an existing business model
- assess the sustainability of a business model.
Don’t take our word for it, here’s what others said about Business Model Canvas workshop:
Yesterday was amazing.
A huge thanks for your time, energy, expertise and passion.
Our goal was to achieve some clarity, strategy and confirmation that we’re onto something that could be really great … we got all of that.
Nancy Bugeja, Managing Director HM Group
The program has given me the knowledge, processes and confidence to market my business from a new angle. The program gave us great tools to help sell the business case for design. The program will help us approach larger companies and gain their trust and respect.
Sue Palmer, Founder Liquid Creativity
This thinking is innovative and creative. We especially value Greg’s understanding of the design industry in Australia. His commitment to helping our studio (and the design industry overall) improve and be more profitable is very genuine and obvious.
Maryann Howley, Tangelo
In a nutshell:
What: a flexible 4 hour inhouse workshop tailored to studios wanting help to change
When: in your studio at at time that suits you.
Length: 4 hours inhouse followed by four skype mentoring sessions.
Presenter: Greg Branson
Who it would suit: studios that want to explore change: their model, their clients, their size.
Cost: $1500-$3000 (+GST) depending on complexity.
Contents of the program:
This is a flexible workshop. Depending on what you want to explore, the content may include:
- what the business model canvas is, and how it works
- critically examining your existing business model, what works and what doesn’t
- exploring business model options through a canvas
- how to use a Design Value Proposition to define your value to clients
- how to identify how you can create demand for your services
- how to use a design model canvas to get new clients
- how to write strategies from a design model canvas
- how to set tactics
- how a design model canvas workshop can be used with clients
For more information on the workshop simply email or call Greg on 0412 762 045
The easy way to stay up to date
We produce a weekly newsletter about the business of design. It’s written specifically for Australian designers. It’s an easy way to stay current and learn skills and tools to help you manage your business better. Subscribe here.