The Business of Design: All the information you need to start, manage and grow an Australian design business.
This is the perfect “go to” manual for any design studio bookshelf
Sarah Cook, Headjam NSW.
The Business of Design is written from a local perspective. It’s about the Australian design industry, written by Australian design practitioners.
Whether a micro-, mid- or a large studio, we all face similar challenges. This book addresses them all:
- the Australian design scene – a snapshot of our industry
- how to plan a design business – what to do now, and the next steps to take
- costing, budgeting and (best of all) how to explain design value to clients
- how to grow a studio, where to get new business
- financial management, from managing debts to financing your business
- the design business model canvas and what makes it invaluable.
At $90 plus GST this 192 page book is an essential reference for your business.
The book is written in simple language, taking a billion complex business concepts and ordering them into a concise, logical and easy to follow read. The Business of Design sells for $90 (I’d strongly suggest that would be the best $90 you could invest in your design business)
Dave Ansett, Truly Deeply